Do You Matter?
Some days I just feel like I have
taken on too much, while others tend to leave me feeling lack-lustered and that
I do not contribute enough to this world. I have a very strong sense that I
need to make a difference. I think you all do to. There is this innate sense of
being and that we want to matter when our time is over. That may mean mattering
to your family, your children, or even your community. But it also may mean
that you want to be known for some stance or belief that people can ask you to
share your knowledge and help them be better people. I don’t know how many
people I make a difference to right now, but I know that I want to leave a
positive and caring legacy.
There are a few things I can say that everyone knows about
me:
I am opinionated and I stand by my
beliefs. I am not talking obnoxious opinions that no one cares about, I mean
taking stands against animal cruelty, against neglect, for your rights as
Americans to own guns and to voice your opinion in a civilized manner. (Most
people don’t quite get the civilized part of organized opinions).
I love animals more than people. My
pets are my family and I will always side with your dog! If you get mad at them
I can tell you many reasons why they acted that way and usually it will be your
fault. Animals are instinctual creatures that are not malicious or carry any negative human emotion that we seem to attach to them. They are not spiteful, they do not lust, or feel resentment, and
they surely do not care how you compose yourself as long as you love them and
show them kindness.
I have a huge food neurosis that no
one can understand. I have so many ups and downs when it comes to smells,
tastes, humane treatment, and what time of the month it is can seriously change
my food habits. I will LOVE Taco Bell one day, then despise them the next
because I will no longer eat meat (Or gluten, or whatever I dislike that week).
Food is my kryptonite and I have a deep seeded love/hate relationship with it.
I know
this does not help make me matter, but in some ways it does. I care about
feeding people, homing animals that are lost or in need of care, and have a
great disposition around the general population. I was raised to be respectful of
people who are older than me and to have manners. I was taught to be self
sufficient and to be a lady. I can change your oil, rotate your tires, but also
bake you the best desert you have ever tasted. I feel like seeing and enjoying
all that this world has to offer will make me a better human being, and I hope
in turn, make me someone that will be remembered long after I am gone. Can you
say the same? Food for thought.
Live, Love, June
Carson

Comments
Post a Comment