Blogging 101
I can not believe that it has taken me this long to dive into the world of blogging. I have been writing since I was young and always found a connection with the written word, but yet some how this modern craze has eluded me. It is amazing how we can share and write about all the wonderful things in this world, but when someone says sit down and write something, the mind goes blank! What do I know about? Who would want to listen to what I have to say? All these negative questions start to infiltrate my mind until I am scared to type the first word. I guess that is true for most writers. Once they jump in, they are unleashed by all those constraints and find that they do know how to swim and fairly well.
I hope that with my blog I can unlock all the wonderful things that I think about and come to enjoy sharing them with all the beautiful people that enjoy reading what others have to share. Some of the fun things I have learned while moving along the lazy river of thoughts are:
1) Write what you know. AND PS make sure it is accurate if it is not an original thought!
2) Understand that not everyone has the same views or beliefs. I am unique, just like everyone else.
3) Be able to handle rejection. Sometimes people don't like what you say. Be okay with that.
4) There is no right and wrong way to write, but there is etiquette. Don't write about others, write about you. To always start with an "I" statement is a good place to focus on.
5) Enjoy the ride! Some days will be hard to write and others wonderful. Just take it all in stride and know that we are lucky to be able to share our private thoughts with the world and not be constrained by our society or government.
I am going to enjoy this new adventure. I hope you all will as well. Thank you for sharing and please feel free to comment. Just remember there is a fine line between constructive criticism and hateful words. Please take a moment to reflect on your own thoughts before commenting!
Always Live, Love, June!
Carson
I hope that with my blog I can unlock all the wonderful things that I think about and come to enjoy sharing them with all the beautiful people that enjoy reading what others have to share. Some of the fun things I have learned while moving along the lazy river of thoughts are:
1) Write what you know. AND PS make sure it is accurate if it is not an original thought!
2) Understand that not everyone has the same views or beliefs. I am unique, just like everyone else.
3) Be able to handle rejection. Sometimes people don't like what you say. Be okay with that.
4) There is no right and wrong way to write, but there is etiquette. Don't write about others, write about you. To always start with an "I" statement is a good place to focus on.
5) Enjoy the ride! Some days will be hard to write and others wonderful. Just take it all in stride and know that we are lucky to be able to share our private thoughts with the world and not be constrained by our society or government.
I am going to enjoy this new adventure. I hope you all will as well. Thank you for sharing and please feel free to comment. Just remember there is a fine line between constructive criticism and hateful words. Please take a moment to reflect on your own thoughts before commenting!
Always Live, Love, June!
Carson

Comments
Post a Comment