The Process of Writing
I am writing a book. It sounds glamorous like I know how to do it. I have read every self help blog, how to, and everything in between. They all start off by saying, "Just start writing". It sounds so easy, like any one can do it. Well I guess anyone can, but how well is the point. No one wants to think that their writing is bad and of course we all think that we know what we are doing.
I have found that the more I read about writing, the more I want to write. So I guess the ultimate goal is this - read then write. That is it. No big secret gift that the fancy sales person can give you. No magical crystal ball reading. Just plain and simple. Read and then write what comes to you. Allow your mind to wander and just jolt down what flows from your fingertips. It is becoming easier now that there are words on a page.
I don't know if typing or writing is better for the fluidity of words. I think poetry needs graphite and trees, the melting of the two seem to bring about more ideas. But typing is a great way to get words on a page and quickly. That is it. And so is this.
Live, Love, June.
I have found that the more I read about writing, the more I want to write. So I guess the ultimate goal is this - read then write. That is it. No big secret gift that the fancy sales person can give you. No magical crystal ball reading. Just plain and simple. Read and then write what comes to you. Allow your mind to wander and just jolt down what flows from your fingertips. It is becoming easier now that there are words on a page.
I don't know if typing or writing is better for the fluidity of words. I think poetry needs graphite and trees, the melting of the two seem to bring about more ideas. But typing is a great way to get words on a page and quickly. That is it. And so is this.
Live, Love, June.

Comments
Post a Comment